19th May 2016 (7:30 pm)
The Fitzwilliam String Quartet
Haydnʼs intense yet exhuberant “Fifths” quartet op.76 no.2, and Beethovenʼs boundary-pushing op.130, with Lucy Russell & Marcus Barcham-Stevens violins, Alan George viola and Heather Tuach cello.
St Mary's Church, Church Hill, London E17 9RL
Tickets £13 (Conc: £6.50) on the door.
Doors open at 7pm for concert at 7:30
For latest travel guidance, and interactive map, please see this page.
It is with the greatest sadness that Music in the Village marks the passing of our great friend Christine Babbs who, with her much loved husband Chris, so loyally served interval refreshments since the very first concert and was party to the original planning of this concert series.
- October 13th 2016: The English Cornett and Sackbut Ensemble
- November 24th 2016: Carole Cerasi - virtuoso harpsichordist
- TBA (January 2017)
- March 2nd 2017: The Fitzwilliam String quartet with Anna Tilbrook & Tom Randle
- TBA (Late March or early April 2017)
- May 11th 2017: Collegium Musicum 90
Music in the Village
Music in the Village is a not for profit organisation, its aim to provide affordable concerts of the highest standard. Generous donations from Music in the Village friends have enabled us to avoid raising the price of tickets for one more year during these difficult times. (Season flyer downloadable here PDF 251 KB):